Robot-Assisted Prostate Tumorectomy
Focal treatment strategy for Prostate Cancer (PCa) is playing a growing role in today's surgical practice. By combining the latest imaging and treatment technologies, Focal One® brings the answer to current requirements for ideal focal therapy: accurate and MR-fused imaging, non-invasive approach, precise and efficient therapeutic HIFU energy and end-of-treatment validation imaging with Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound.
Ideal image modality at every step of the process
Pre-treatment - MRI import and fusion
- MR Images import from PACS or CD
- Elastic fusion to automatically match the 3D contours of the prostate on the MRI and the scanned Ultrasound images
Per-treatment - Precise contouring of zone to be treated
- MR target automatically displayed on live ultrasound image,
- Area to be treated precisely defined,
- Live follow-up of HIFU shots,
- Treatment planning adjustable in real time.
Post-treatment - Validation of treated area
- Contrast imaging to validate treated areas and define areas for treatment completion,
- Review of treatment images,
- Comparison with MRI follow-up images.
Optimal technology combination for ideal focal efficacy
- MRI Import and Fusion with real-time ultrasound imaging
- Precise contour definition of target areas
- Non-invasive ultimate HIFU technology
- Precise robotic movements
- Unique Dynamic Focusing technology
- Real-time tracking and adjustment of energy delivered
- Confirmation and possible completion of untreated area
- Quality of Life preservation
- All treatments remain salvage options
Dynamic Focusing Technology
- Electronic displacement of the focal point
- Precise treatment of the targeted area
- Conformational treatment
The Focal One® HIFU device is the first medical apparatus designed specifically for the Focal treatment of Prostate Cancer. It has been developed with the last evolutions of HIFU technology and imaging fusion software to answer all the specificities of PCa Focal treatment.
Focal treatment of Prostate Cancer
A Prostate Cancer treatment is considered "focal" when a part of the gland is spared. This regroups different strategies, such as nerve sparing, hemiblation, multifocal or single focus targetting ("Index lesion")
Evolution of Prostate Cancer treatment
The management of prostate cancer has evolved in the last 20 years with the increasing number of PCa diagnosed at early non-aggressive stages and the increase of life expectancy of the occidental population. Those PCa diagnosed at an early stage don't need a radical-morbid treatment but a long term control of the disease with preservation of quality of life. The balance between Active Surveillance (no treatment) and overtreatment (radical treatment of cancer at very early stages) could be the Focal therapy.
The three pillars of a good Focal therapy are:
- A precise cancer localization
- A precise treatment
- An immediate treatment validation
The advantages of the focal treatment
- Precise treatment of the diagnosed tumor
- Preservation of patient's quality of life
- Possibility to perform any other treatment if needed
Focal One Video
Live treatment of prostate cancer with Focal One device. Focal treatment step by step. Dr S Crouzet and A Gelet at Edouard Herriot Hospital in Lyon, France.
Please fill out the form to know more about Focal One® device.
Focal One brochure
Please fill out the contact form to retrieve the Focal One brochure.
HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.
Mentions légales à la destination des professionnels de santé français :
Focal One® est indiqué dans le traitement du cancer localisé de la prostate. Focal One® est destiné à la destruction par ultrasons focalisés de haute intensité par voie rectale d’un adénocarcinome localisé de la prostate. Fabriqué par EDAP TMS, Focal One® est un dispositif médical de santé réglementé qui porte, au titre de cette réglementation, le marquage CE. De classe IIb, son évaluation de conformité a été réalisée par le G-MED (0459). Il est conseillé de consulter au préalable le manuel d'utilisation.